Luke 19:40

“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Friday, August 19, 2011

Introduction

Welcome to my new blog, The Stones Will Cry Out.  It is a Christian blog that is based on Luke 19:40, where Jesus tells some Pharisees who were complaining about the disciples loud praise during his triumphal entry that if He told them to be quiet, "the stones will cry out".  Taken literally, this could mean that the stones had a resonance of some kind, but I'm going to use this as a figurative starting point to establish this blogs purpose.  The stones were of the Earth, God's creation, and Jesus was saying that the very structure of Earth would praise Him if His people didn't.  I also think that this can be extended into our everyday life, where things that don't necessarily mean to praise or glorify God still do.
This is what this blog seeks to do, take things from the secular world like music, movies, or books and apply them as ways to see God or learn principles of Christianity.  At times these will be fairly obvious, other times though it might be something out of left field that you have never even thought of in a Christian context that now has a new spin.  I want this to be viewed as a stand alone blog for seeking people, but I also feel like ministers could use this to find new connections and interesting sermons.
 I am not a preacher, nor do I possess any divinity or religious studies degree, so the terminology and concepts might seem basic to those of you who are, but I hope you still get something out of this.
Above all, my goal is to use this blog to glorify God and bring honor to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment